It is made up of ten amendments:
- Freedom of speech, religion, press, assembly, and petition.
- Right to bear arms
- No forceful quartering of soldiers
- No unreasonable or unlawful searches and seizures
- Due process; self-incrimination
- Rights of the accused
- Trial by jury
- Excessive bails, fines; cruel and unusual punishment (it's pretty obvious that the death penalty is a violation of this)
- Rights not listed retained by the people
- Powers reserved to the states and people
Too many to count. Revised to:
A recent case of these violations of the Bill of Rights occurred in 2001 with the USA PATRIOT Act. This violated the First, Fourth and Tenth Amendment.
Actually, the foremost of these violations occurred over 200 years ago with the Alien and Sedition Acts. Some parts of these laws are still in force.
It is important to note that all conservatives fear the Bill of Rights above most else. Most have never read it.