Connecticut is one of the United States of America. In a recent study conducted by CNN, it was found that there are only 1,000 conservatives there, and all in Greenwich, which does not explain why Joe Lieberman keeps getting elected there. Connecticut is considered to be one of the most liberal states in the Union along with the rest of New England and New York State. Connecticut gives the least to charity, but this may just be because it is small.
Connecticut is one of the original 13 colonies that broke away from Great Britain and signed the Declaration of Independence. Connecticut came with a sort of built-in obsolescence, and never really did anything except propose the Great Compromise that made it possible for the Constitution to be ratified.
You know you are from Connecticut if:Edit
- You can't buy beer after 8 p.m. on Sundays
- There is a farm within five miles of your house.
- You have deer in your backyard.
- You've partied at bonfires.
- You've never looked at a public bus schedule and would certainly never ride it
- You have both girlfriends and guy friends with the same name as you
- You think New Haven is the worst ghetto you've ever seen.
- You get mad at anyone who doesn't know how to drive in the snow.
- You think New Jersey is a toxic waste dump.
- Your family owns more than one house.
- You spend the summer on Cape Cod, in Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard.
- The cars in your high school's parking lot are/were worth more than your high school.
- You expect to get an SUV for your birthday and are EXTREMELY angry when you get a new Sedan.
- You have more than one country club in your town.