Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Reasons for conspiracy theoriesEdit
- Conspiracy theories can exist because someone with psychiatric problems has strange ideas. Alternatively a group of people with psychiatric problems can get together and encourage each other to believe wild ideas.
- Conspiracy theories can exist because some enterprising businessman/businesswoman or corporation hopes to make money selling material about imagined conspiracies to the gullible public.
- Finally conspiracy theories can exist because there is a real conspiracy and one or more people are trying to draw public attention to what's happening.
Real and imagined conspiraciesEdit
The larger a conspiracy is in a conspiracy theory, the less likely it is that it is true. The more People that need to be involved, the more likely that some people will not join, that someone will spill the beans, and the more likely that people will find out about it.
The more likely a conspiracy is to be beneficial to a group with a large amount of power, such as a corporation, the more likely it is to be true.
The more of a monopoly of information there is- in other words, how much the flow of information is controlled by one or a few powerful sources, the more likely a conspiracy theory is valid.
Sorting out the sensible conspiracy theories from the junk conspiracy theories isn't always easy.
- New World Order Conspiracies that aren't at all likely
- Business Plot of 1933 This was a real plot trying to overthrow the elected President and Congress of the United States of America.
- Titles of Nobility Amendment (TONA) to the US Constitution
- Iran Contra / October Surprise / Crack Cocaine / etc.