Senator from California
|Political Office:||Senior US Senator from California|
|Political Party:||Democratic Party (United States)|
|Born||June 22 1933|
In 1978 the mayor of San Francisco and several others were shot and killed by a neocon criminal called Dan White. Feinstein was next in line for the Mayor Position. She served out the rest of the term and was elected twice to the position.
She got revenge on Wilson by winning his vacated senate seat. She has been elected to the seat again and again in 1994, 2000 and 2006. She has a approval rating of 51% (a lot higher than what GW Bush's managed. We can tell you that much).
This capable lady was first to do a number if things.
- She was the first woman to become Mayor of San Fransisco.
- She was the first woman to become President of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
- She was the first woman Senator from California.
- She was the first woman on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the first woman to chair the Senate Rules Committee and Senate Intelligence Committee.
She was re-elected to the Senate in 2006. She defeated former State Senator Republican, Dick Mountjoy. She won with over 5 Million votes this is almost equal to her re-election margin victory from 2000.
She is currently chair of the Senate Rules Committee and Senate Intelligence Committee. Feinstein is also the first woman to have presided over a U.S. presidential inauguration (Barack Obama's).
We hope you like the external links we've found for you though we know links won't always suit everybody. If you like our links please return to Liberapedia later when you've got everything you want from our links. If our links don't suit you you can come back to Liberapedia and look for something that suits you better.
- Dianne Feinstein United States Senator for California Feinstein's official website
- Dianne Feinstein on Jewish Virtual Library