Dwarf Planets are bodies in the Solar System. To be considered a dwarf planet a body must:-
- orbit the sun and not be a satellite of any smaller body.
- have a gravitational field strong enough to give it a roughly sperical shape.
- not have cleared out other bodies orbiting in its field.
There are currently five known dwarf planets in the Solar system:
- Pluto (Initially a full planet, demoted in August 2006 by a vote by astromoners.)
- Sedna may be a dwarf planet.
astronomy-related article is a stub. You can help Liberapedia by expanding it.