It involves the arrest, or forceful seizure, of a person/persons (normally Muslims) and the illegal international transfer of them, normally to be tortured in a CIA facility outside of the USA. This is known by some pundits as "Torture by Proxy".
The US government, when pressured, justifies this action by claiming that those seized are suspected terrorists and need to be questioned for information. If they are not, they could pose a threat to the free world.
The Boeing company Jeppesen has been accused of providing the aircraft for these rendition flights.
Extraordinary rendition is as bad as torture.
List of Victims of RenditionEdit
When a "terrorist" is kidnapped by the CIA, they are blindfolded, bound and sedated. They are then loaded onto a jet and transported to unknown locations in other countries, normally with poor human rights laws and records.
- Muhammad Bashmila (Yemeni)
- Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr (Not known)
- Maher Arar (Syrian)
- Ahmed Agiza (Egyptian)
- Muhammad al-Zery (Egyptian)
- Majid Mahmud Abdu Ahmad (Not known)
- Khaled Masri (Lebanese)
- Jamil Qasim Saeed Mohammed (Pakistani)
- Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi (Libyan)
- Mamdouh Habib (Egyptian)
- Saddiq Ahmad Turkistani (Afghan)
- Binyam Mohammed (Ethiopian)
- Laid Saidi (Algerian)
- Abou Elkassim Britel (Moroccan)