Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Finland is a democratic country in the Scandinavian region of northern Europe in the European Union. Finland is about three times as large as the US state of Ohio but has fewer than 6 million inhabitants. As with the rest of the EU Finland is a representative democracy and has had both a woman President and a woman Prime Minister.
Finland is famous for its successful educational system. Finnish school students are among world's top performers.
There are many forests, rivers, lakes and marshy areas where people think is unspoilt naturally beauty. Most of Finland is low lying. Finland is far to the north and part of Finland is within the Arctic Circle. In the far north of Finland allegedly the sun does not set for ten weeks during the summer and does not rise for eight weeks during the winter. When it's dark the Northern lights can be beautiful and people go to some trouble to see it.  
- The Positive side: The Finns are generally happy and satisfied with their lives.
- The Negative side: Despite the natural beauty of their country the Finns don't look after the environment as well as perhaps they should and leave a large ecological footprint. 
In Popular CultureEdit
Monty Python wrote a song about this fine country, please listen to excellent song "Finland". The lyrics for the song can be found here
In a season 13 episode of South Park, Finland is bombed by every other country in the world  for attempting to return stolen space cash to an alien life force. When questioned about the bombing of Finland by the space aliens, a Chinese man says "Aww no! Not Finrand!"
- ↑ Finland/Aurora Borealis choosing a place
- ↑ Anyone who knows astronomy knows that the times when the sun is continually above the horizon in summer have to balance exactly the times when the sun is below the horizon in winter.
- We suppose that in summer for ten weeks the sun is always either above the horizon or so close to the horizon that it stays light.
- We suppose that in winter for eight weeks the sun is so far below the horizon that it doesn't get light at all.
- ↑ Finland, happy Planet Index
- ↑ Pinewood Derby (South Park)