Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Born||November 28, 1962 (1962-11-28) (age 46)|
Jon Stewart is a liberal talk show host on Comedy Central. He has been the host of The Daily Show for almost ten years, and has spawned conservative stealth parodist counterpart Stephen Colbert, a former correspondent.
Early Life Edit
Stewart was born in New York City and was raised in a Jewish family. He was reported to be a funny man as early as his school days. In 2001 he and his wife got their last names officially changed to "Stewart".
The Daily Show Edit
Jon Stewart began to host the Daily Show in 1999. Since then the show has become a huge hit averaging around 1.45 to 1.6 million viewers nightly, a high figure for cable television. In 2008 it garnered it's highest ever viewership when he interviewed Barack Obama and drew 3.6 million views.
A notable moment occurred on April 4, 2006, when Stewart confronted his longtime friend, US Senator John McCain, about his decision to appear at Liberty University, an institution founded by Jerry Falwell, they call themselves Liberty University hypocritically but restrict Freedom. McCain had previously denounced Falwell as one of the "agents of intolerance," In the interchange, Stewart asked McCain, "You're not freaking out on us? Are you freaking out on us, because if you're freaking out and you're going into the crazy base politics world—are you going into crazy base world?" McCain replied, "I'm afraid so." The clip was played on CNN and created a surge of articles across the blogosphere.
He also nearly cried on air on the first show after the 9/11 attacks. & called W. Mitt Romney an idiot. Jon Stewart is retiring from 'The Daily Show' in August 2015. Obama appeared on his show again and said, "I can't believe you're leaving before me". 
Some of Stewart's more memorable lines:
- After some Republicans refused to pay full taxes, as some of their tax money would fund medical procedures which they thought were "bad", Jon Stewart said: "You can't do that! Tax is tax - you pay it all! If the zoo costs $15, you can't say 'here's $12.50 - I don't like Zebras!'"
- After a Conservative said that the 2010 Haiti Earthquake was "being made to look bigger than it really is, so that it made the Obama administration look better for helping out", Jon Stewart replied with: "I think I've found the source of your Heart Problems - you don't have one!"
- On Bill O'Reilly's show: "Here's what Fox has done, through their cyclonic perpetual emotional machine that is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: They have taken reasonable concerns about this President and this Economy and turned it into full-fledged panic attack about the next coming of Chairman Mao."
- ↑ Jon Stewart 9 11
- ↑ Jon Stewart "Romney is an Idiot"
- ↑ Obama on The Daily Show: 'I can't believe you're leaving before me'
- ↑ JON STEWART LOVES MINNEAPOLIS VEGAN PIONEERS HERBIVOROUS BUTCHER
We hope you like the external links we've found for you though we know links won't always suit everybody. If you like our links please return to Liberapedia later when you've got everything you want from our links. If our links don't suit you you can come back to Liberapedia and look for something that suits you better.