|Born||July 6, 1921|
|Died||March 6, 2016 (aged 94)|
White House ChinaEdit
"Just Say No!"Edit
As first lady she campaigned against illegal drugs. Her slogan was, "Just say No." The idea is that if somebody offers you drugs, you should, "just say no." This just say no thing turned into a nationwide campaign. There were "Just Say No" clubs at schools and a "Say no to Drugs Week" created in 1986.
Her press secretary said, "She got on an airplane and hardly ever came back to the White House. he was on the road month after month…She invited the press to come with her. She took the camera that you were shining on her and turned it around and focused it on a cause – one she could do something about.”  While that may seem amazing, plenty of other first ladies do that, with Michelle Obama's Let's Move and Barbara Bush talking about reading. Hillary Clinton was an important adiviser to Bill and headed a panel on Health Care Reform. Even though Health Care Reform didn't happen until Barack Obama stepped in, she was probably making a more sizable impact.
You Should Also Say No to...Edit
In addition to drugs, you should also make sure to say "no" to these things:
- Donating $1, $5, or any other dollar amount to the Reagan Presidential Library.
- Entering a secret arms deal with a foreign country.
- Giving free money to one percenters
- Putting guns on the street.
- Cutting spending and cutting taxes for the rich.
- Putting first-time offenders in jail for using drugs like Cannabis nonviolently.
- Deregulating the agriculture industry
- Voting for Ronald Reagan or other conservatives.
- Supply-side Economics.
- Abandoning détente.
- Not taking your friend to a psychiatrist when he says Reagan was a great president.
"They never took each other for granted. They never stopped courting."
Nancy and Ronald were always one of those really obsessive couples: they'd always be holding hands or kissing or acting like they were in their twenties and thirties and dating. Which probably goes for the rest of life: Ronald was about as good a president as any random thirty-something from Hollywood.
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: Bossy Nancy Reagan objected when the President kibitzed with his Secret Service detail, made her kids check with her before seeing their father and refused to let 'Ronnie' eat his fave mac 'n' cheese
- ↑ http://www.reaganfoundation.org/details_f.aspx?p=RR1008NRHC&tx=6
- ↑ http://marriage.about.com/od/celebritymarriages/p/reaganronald.htm