Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some recipes suggest you use a particular type of onion. Still if you keep many types of onion on hand either you must buy small amounts which is usually less economical or they will deteriorate in storage. If a recipe calls for one type of onion and you've only got different onions:
- You can try it with the onions you've got, perhaps adapt it and don't repeat it if it doesn't work out.
- You can go out and buy the onions the recipe suggests.
- You can go online and look for a different recipe that works with your onions.
Onions store well and keep for a month easily in a fridge. Still onions start to deteriorate after they are cut. If you buy onions of different sizes together you can often find one the size you want for the recipe you're doing. If a recipe calls for just half an onion and you don't want to throw the other half away you can cut the other half up, bag it and freeze it. That way later when you need another half onion you've got half an onion cut up and ready to use.
- All-The-Alliums Soup – or onion and garlic, to you and me This recipe turns onions left over after Christmas into a delicious soup. You can try it at other times too.
- Onion This website has some meat recipes.
- Different Types Of Onions A Glossary Of Onion Types & Which Onion to Choose For Cooking