Paul Davis Ryan (born January 29, 1970) is an American politician.
In 1998, Ryan was elected to the House of Representatives by Wisconsin's 1st District, and has served since January 3, 1999. Ryan is anti-choice and voted against measures to cut Greenhouse gases . By voting against these measures, he is hurting America's ability to regulate greenhouse gas emission.
Speaker of the HouseEdit
As of October 2015 Ryan is 54th and current Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives after the resignation of former speaker John Boehner. Here is his record of his time in Speaker of the House:
Ryan said that "if you were raised poor, you’re just as likely to stay poor' as 50 years ago". (A statement that Politifact rated as "True".)  The reason that this statement is problematic is that it shows the inequality and lack of upward mobility.
A tax reform that's distributionally neutral is one that Ryan categorically opposes. For Ryan, handing a windfall to the rich is the only reason to do tax reform. (Liberal Awesome Jonathan Chait) The above quote shows that Paul Ryan is wrapped up in special interests.
Isn't Chait a helper to the poor, which is something that the conservatives usually hate because of the rich??
- Ryan was in a band called steak baby which is really sad.
- ↑ The Paul Ryan Watch
- ↑ Republicans back Paul Ryan as speaker
- ↑ http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jan/19/paul-ryan/paul-ryan-says-if-you-were-raised-poor-youre-just-/ Paul Ryan says 'if you were raised poor, you’re just as likely to stay poor' as 50 years ago]
- ↑ Paul Ryan: No Tax Reform Unless Rich People Get Paid
- ↑ http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2012/10/paul-ryan-was-band-called-steak-baby/57581/