Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
While in some countries, population control is not extremely invasive (so that families which want to have many children can do so), in some places the government actively enforces population control -- for example, in Uzbekistan, women are secretly sterilized.
Forms of population controlEdit
- Providing access to forms of contraception and sterilization.
- Allowing abortion.
- Punishing (usually with fines or certain limitations) families with too many children.
- Social Security--- In the past, when social security did not exist, people would have a large number of children to care for them when they are older. With an adequate social security system, there is no longer the need to do this.
Harmful forms of population controlEdit
Controversial forms of population control Edit
- Compulsory sterilization
- Sterilization without informed consent
Natural factors that limit the populationEdit
- Homosexuality--- Being a gay man is the natural population control. It eliminates the need for killing at all. Avoiding pressuring gays into heterosexual Marriage helps prevent overpopulation or limit it. Lesbians sometimes choose artificial insemination but probably are less fertile overall than heterosexual couples. However, some studies show that genes that cause male homosexuality can cause increased attraction to males in females with copies of said genes. 
- Natural disasters