- A God that is All powerful would be able to prevent evil and suffering.
- A God that is All knowing would know that evil and suffering happen.
- A God that is All loving would want to prevent evil and suffering.
But evil and suffering happen. Therefore a God that is all powerful all knowing and all loving is logically impossible.
Examples use of the argumentEdit
- “Why did he not answer the prayers of the imprisoned, of the helpless? And when he heard the lash upon the naked back of the slave, why did he not also hear the prayer of the slave? And when children were sold from the breasts of mothers, why was he deaf to the mother's cry?” )
- Why didn't God prevent the terrible tsunami in 2004 in East Asia?
- Why does a good God allow innocent babies to be born with crippling diseases and deformities?
- Why did God let the Holocaust happen? I thought Jesus was down with the Jews...being one himself.