Science is the study of the universe around us and what goes on in it. Another interpretation is the study of what, why, and how. It uses logic, intelligence, experiments, math, facts and theory. Science comes from the Latin word scientia which means knowledge. The root of science can be traced back to Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, and other countries. It was lost in Europe during the Middle Ages and was preserved during the Islamic Golden Age in Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia. Thankfully, science was brought back to Europe in the late 18th century.
Types of scienceEdit
Science consists of many subjects including:-
- Physics (the study of general universal phenomena)
- Chemistry (the study of atomic matter and chemical reactions)
- Astronomy (the study of outer space often through a telescope)
- Geology (usually refers to the study of the Planet Earth, but includes the study of the mineral composition of other planets and bodies in outer space)
- Biology (the study of living organisms)
Contrary to what some may think, politics and science have nothing to do with each other. Assuming otherwise is idiotic. Move on, you petty bastards.