Star Trek: The Next Generation was the second (there was no animated series) TV series in the Star Trek franchise. It took place nearly a hundred years after the original series, where the United Federation of Planets has expanded and made peace with the Klingons. The show reused some plots from the original series, but better effects and acting made this series vastly superior.
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Starfleet veteran. He is bald, so you know you can trust him.
- Commander William T. Riker: First officer. A young, cocky officer with a beard.
- Lt. Commander Geordi LaForge: Chief Engineer. He is blind and uses a VISOR to see. He is the character most girls remember because he hosted Reading Rainbow.
- Lieutenant Worf: Security Chief. First Klingon to join Starfleet.
- Dr. Beverly Crusher: Chief Medical Officer. Picard has a thing for her, but they never let it go anywhere.
- Deanna Troi: Ship's counselor. HOT AS HELL (as an amphibian, as a cake, even as a Romulan)!!!
- Lt. Commander Data: The android. He nearly became the template for a slave caste.
- Ensign Wesley Crusher: Dr. Crusher's son. The most annoying character in television. He was originally going to be a girl; would have been better if Leslie Crusher was a lesbian.
- Chief Miles O'Brien: Irish transporter chief. Eventually transferred to Deep Space 9.
- Lt. Reginald Barclay: One of the coolest recurring characters. He's nervous and scared of everything, but he overcomes them to save the day.
- Guinan: The bartender who may indicate that Whoopi Goldberg is immortal. Would have been cool if Picard hooked up with her, reflecting the secret off-camera relationship with her and Patrick Stewart.
- Denise Crosby: The annoying first security chief. Killed off first season and she did not even have a red shirt.
- Dr. Katherine Pulaski: A female Dr. McCoy, who mysteriously appeared in the second season then disappeared to which dimension she came from.